When I connect my phone (Galaxy s5 mini, usb mode set to ‘Camera PTP’) to my Windows 10 laptop, the usb port constantly disconnects and reconnects rapidly and not a lot is happening. I can’t access the phone in device manager since it constantly refreshes.
You might think it’s a driver problem, or a problem with the cable…. But no! Try this solution:
1. Go to your Windows ‘Power Options’
2. Click ‘Change plan setting’ on your chosen plan.
3. Click ‘Change advanced power setting’ on your chosen plan.
4. Find ‘USB settings’ and open.
5. Find ‘USB selective suspend setting’ and change it to disabled.
Now apply and save and, tadaa…
This is working for me, besides having tried three different cables to find one that does more than just charging… (Note: when you use Samsung’s Kies software, use the Media Player usb mode MTP)
I hope this helps when you have a similar problem.