Connected to a NAS, like Synology SMB Service, and clicked ‘remember my credentials’? Sure, that makes it easy whenever you want to go back to that same shared folder, but now what happens if you want to connect using a different user, with different rights to the share?
You would have to remove the exisiting connection first, and make sure Windows 11 forgets how to connect to that Server/NAS/Share. So what do you do?
- In your Windows Start menu, search for “Credential Manager”.
- In the “Windows Credentials” section, remove any stored credentials referencing the share, network drives or similar:
- Open the details with the ‘arrow down’ and click “Remove”.
- Repeat these steps until you remove all of the credentials associated with the NAS.
Now you can reconnect to your share and use the correct login.
Have a nice day!
Same problem as this one?
” under Windows 10 I could drag & drop any file (e.g. docx or xlsx) to the Word/Excel icon, which is pinned on my taskbar. When righ-clicking on the Excel icon, I could see my pinned Excel files. Same with Word: I saw all my pinned documents. Windows 11 doesn’t let me drag & drop files to the pinned Microsoft App in the taskbar anymore. Please note, it is not about pinning the Excel app to my taskbar or pinning a document as an app to the taskbar: it is about pinning a DOCUMENT to the pinned Mircosoft app. “
Continue reading Pin document to taskbar in Windows 11
You have it on your phone, You want it also on your PC.
Go to the microsoft website
Login with the same Microsoft account as on your PC.
Now GET and go to Microsoft Store App on your PC…. Install.
And if it does not work… read this:
– Download the appx
– Run the update on Microsoft Store!
– Sign into the Samsung cloud (same as your phone)
…and see your notes appear
Have a nice day!