If you cannot add users to Windows 10, or if ‘Add someone else to this PC’ link in Settings app is not working, then this article will help you to fix that.
This article address a problem in which administrators can’t add new users to Windows. For adding new users or other family members to the system, you’ve to go Settings app > Accounts > Family and other users and then click Add someone else to this PC link. However, we’ve found that many administrators got this link not working. According to them, when they click the link, nothing happens. It’s disabled.
The cause behind this problem may be miscellaneous, depending upon your system usage and availability of crucial factors such as network, dependency services etc. If you’re also victim of this issue, you can try out the ways mentioned below to overcome this.
FIX : Cannot Add Users To Windows 10 – Using NETPLWIZ
1. Press Windows Key + R and put netplwiz in Run dialog box. Click OK or hit Enter key.
2. In the User Accounts window so appeared, click Add button.
3. Then in next screen, type the Microsoft account email address of the person – whom you want to add. The account created by this way will be Microsoft account. So if you want to add new user with Local account, click Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended) link.
4. In the next screen, click Local account. If your decision is changed after reading benefits of Microsoft account, you can opt for Microsoft account.
5. Finally, on the next screen as per what you’ve chosen above, you can add the user to the machine by providing required details.
Note by My Brain: to add another user, close the netplwiz completely and start again from 1.