It’s the season to play more games again… quarantine, holidays, nothing on TV, whatever the reason is. I have my own Apps and Games, but sometimes I like to indulge in a little MineCraft Building Splurge running on my own private server. Let’s insert a little disclaimer here: All rights reserved to Mojang for Launcher code and Minecraft. Please purchase the game and support mojang by visiting The Official Minecraft Website for future updates and development of the game! Anyway; because I do not play that frequent I always have to look up the keys and mouse buttons again to know which key controls what funtionality in the game.
It starts with a warning, which I seem to receive several times a year: Google stops displaying the ads in my App. Even though there is no violation, they just do this. I will copy some e-mail content below, so you can see the steps and know what to expect and how to react. Also of course for my own reference, since I have written this response several times now, but the reaction is always the same.
The source of the solution is here, my problem was real! After a firmware upgrade for my HP M281fdw all-in-one printer, it suddenly started complaining about communication problems with one of the supplies. “Supply problem.” on the screen and “The indicated supplies are not communicating correctly with the printer. Try reinstalling the supplies. If the problem persists, replace the supplies to continue printing.” in the help-text. Uncertain about the level of toner in my K container I simply ordered a new one. Of course no one wants to pay ridiculous prices, so I go for the home-brand of 123inkt.nl Since I knew my CMY had been low for months I decided to change those three at the same time. To my surprise this suddenly gave errors on all four supplies, making me go ‘hmmmm’.
I started googleing and getting more frustrated about my printer not doing what it is supposed to, I remembered I clicked something about a firmware update and forgot about it. Then I found this article which gave me the option to downgrade… AND IT WORKED! My toner was actually still at 90%
So, HP, Hewlett Packard, you F@!^%#$-ing B@#&$%ards, blocking non-HP toners is so stupid, low-blowing and unbelievable, I am thinking about calling my lawyer to see if that is even legal, blocking me to use the more enonomical printer-supplies-brand I prefer and costing me a day of waiting for a newly ordered toner and a couple of hours of aggravation before I could solve this issue with finally a firmware downgrade. Anyway, below the solution, which I copied and corrected from the other website: