Another issue …. suddenly the unified folders view was not showing the e-mails anymore from one of my e-mail accounts. Solution? Delete some files and force Thunderbird to recreate it’s unified folders cache.
Read this or the solution below…
- Menu app icon > Help > Troubleshooting Information
Under Application Basics section Left Pane – About half way down is ‘Profile Folder’, adjacent in right pane is ‘Open Folder’
- click on ‘Open Folder’ button.
a new window opens showing the contents of your ‘profile name’ folder.
- Exit Thunderbird now – this is important
- Scroll down to locate ‘virtualFolders.dat’
- delete: virtualFolders.dat file
- click on ‘Mail’ folder to see contents.
- delete ‘smart mailboxes’ folder.
- Start Thunderbird.
Have a nice day!