As you may know, I develop Apps for iOS, Android and Windows Phone using Phonegap. One of the most awful tasks is creating all the images needed for the icons, splashscreens and screenshots to create the App and get it listed on the Apple iTunes, Google Play and Windows Phone App-stores. Nothing bad about it, but creating the same image, resizing, scaling and stretching, 118 different times in various resolutions is simply a pain.
So I searched for, and found, a script to create these variations of the same image with a push of a button. My Brain did what it does best and adapted the script for my own needs, so all I have to do now is the following steps:
- create an icon image, 1024×1024 pixels;
- create a base splashscreen image; I use the icon image at 512×512 and scale the canvas to 1024×1024 pixels;
- create five screenshots, usually later in the process when the App has been completed, which my phone makes at 480×800 pixels.
- NEXT, and this is the time-saver here, GO TO: icons.mybrain.nl
- Upload the image, select the correct resize option and download the zip-file. (7x)
- Screenshots will be numbered, so uploading to the stores in the same order will be easy.
So, if you need a script to ease your workflow for creating your App-images, feel free to use this one. And if you need any changes for your specific needs, you can always hire My Brain to create your version.